Organic linseed oil, obtained from varieties of Linumusitatissimum with a high linolenic content, is yellow in colour and has a nutty, bitter taste. (A bitter taste is not an indication of oil spoilage.) Thanks to the cold-pressing method, the oil retains all its valuable properties.
Flaxseed oil is characterised by its high content of Omega-3 fatty acids (alpha-linolenic acid ALA). Omega-3 fatty acids, which belong to the essential fatty acid (EFA) family, are extremely important for the body and should be present in every balanced diet.
Properties of organic linseed oil “Olandia”:
– The essential unsaturated fatty acids in linseed oil help to form cell membranes, supporting the proper development and health of the whole body.
– Omega-3 acids support the development of the nervous system (in children, a deficiency of these acids has been linked to problems with concentration, motor function and even dyslexia and many other behavioural disorders and ADHD). Adequate omega-3s reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
– The omega-3 acids and vitamin E in the oil prevent excessive free radicals. They thus support the treatment of allergic and autoimmune diseases (lupus, psoriasis and multiple sclerosis).
– Unsaturated fatty acids help maintain normal blood cholesterol levels and have a positive effect on the circulatory system.
– The high phytoestrogen content of linseed oil stimulates hormone production and may relieve symptoms of premenstrual tension and menopause.
– Thanks to its properties, linseed oil is ideal for external use as an ingredient in cosmetics, creams, masks and conditioners. Fatty acids and vitamin E nourish, elasticise and strengthen the skin and hair.
Linseed oil should only be used cold!
Excellent in marinades, salads, vegetable dishes or sauces.
The highest quality cold-pressed linseed oil that complies with all organic farming and production regulations.